What is Dynamic DNS:
Dynamic DNS (DDNS or DynDNS) is a method of automatically updating a name server in the Domain Name System (DNS), often in real time, with the active DNS configuration of its configured hostnames, addresses or other information.
Configure Dynamic DNS in OpenWRT:
- This post is written based on OpenWrt Barrier Breaker 14.07
- Login to your OpenWRT Admin (by default is 192.168.1.1)
- Select Systems -> Software
- Under Filter, type in “luci-app-ddns”. Click Find Package.
- Then click on “Available Packages”. Next to Luci-app-ddns, click Install.
- Once Luci-app-ddns is installed, you should see a new option called “Services” between the “System” and “Network”
- Select Services -> Dynamic DNS
- Define the dynamic DNS configuration parameters as per the screenshot and click Save
- Lastly, go to System -> Startup.
- Locate the Service called “DDNS” and click on “Disabled” to enable it.
Comment here if you are having issues! 🙂
Posted in OpenWRT | Comments Off on OpenWRT – Configure Dynamic DNS